Monday, October 21, 2013

Corrections and Additions

OK, you Pragueophiles. You may have noticed I misnamed the square pictured in yesterday's entry. Can I blame train lag? Maybe not. At any rate, it is Old Town Square we walked around yesterday, not Wenceslas. That will come soon.

Today, we learned a new subway system, pretty much like Vienna's. We took it to the main train station and bought our tickets back to Vienna for next week. We are already wishing we could just stay here. This city is indeed wonderful. After our productive morning of chores (train tickets, cash machine to get Czech crowns, groceries) we had lunch at a French cafe across the street from our apartment. It's owned by a friend of our landlady. I had pork belly for the first time - and was not all that impressed. It's just roast pork, a little on the dry side ( ! ), but so filling, I haven't been able to work up an appetite for dinner. Is that good?!


 Restocking.

We're rich! Czech crowns are about 20 to the dollar, so bills look astronomical. A simple lunch is in triple digits!


Chilled for the afternoon, and went for walk after dark to take some photos. There was some kind of rock concert going on in Old Town Square (I don't know - loud, incoherent, smoke, strobing lights...) We walked to one of the bridges and got some nice shots of the city at night. Lots of people out and about.






No comments:

Post a Comment