Saturday, October 19, 2013

Fulfillment of a Lifelong Dream

Ever since I was a little girl I've been horse crazy. Never did outgrow it like I was supposed to. And then there was that Disney movie The Miracle of the White Stallions. Ever since I saw it, I've wanted to see the Lipizzaner Stallions in Vienna. Well, today I did! I had reserved, but not paid for, standing tickets to see their performance. I was mentally prepared to walk up to the ticket office and have them say "Who?" But instead, they had my reservation, and in I went. I got a perfect position, right in the center and standing wasn't so bad, You could sit on the steps until the horses came in. I don't have photos of the performance, because they didn't allow photography, but we did see some horses in the courtyard.


What a thrill! There was too much talking and not enough riding in my opinion, but still... it was the Lipizzaners! At the Spanish Riding School! IN VIENNA!!!! I unexpectedly got a little teary as the last horse filed out.

Sat next to a nice couple from Washington, DC. I refrained from any sarcastic comments about the government, and told them things they must do in Vienna, basd on my vast experience of one week.

Jerry and I took a walk around a new neighborhood after that. There is so much to explore in this city. In fact, we will be coming back after we visit Prague. Our last few days of this trip were unscheduled and we decided we really couldn't do any better than right here. So when our week in Prague is up, we will be coming back to our same apartment building for our last few days. That's good, because we didn't complete our to-do list yet, and we leave tomorrow!


 Cheron, this one is for you. These necklaces are made of beads that are rolled up strips of fabric. They were beautiful.





Lou Ann, this one's for you. The world's biggest hot walker. Six stallions were in it ( I think it could have held 30) and we watched them from the coffee shop.











No comments:

Post a Comment